Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Surgery Day/ Post Op 1

   So whats up dudes! Sorry i didn't post earlier i wasn't feeling to awake hahahaha Im telling you they got me on all these good drugs! Well i had an awesome experience before and right after the surgery! I came in and they got me set up! The most surprising part is that the most pain i have felt is when they put in my IV! The scariest part for me is having this catheter! Its a tube in my pee hole that take out the pee!!! I was like hell no when i woke up but i got used to it hahaha


   Thats me in the morning rocking the teddy bear outfit! It was scary because they couldn't find my vein and i mean the gauge of the needle wasn't exactly a small one either hahaha After that they took me into the operating room and i don't even remember falling asleep! Next thing i know i woke up and couldn't feel a single thing!! The doctors say the surgery started at 8:41 am! I woke up at around 3! Next thing i know my parents show up and im having my picture taken! 


   When i first saw myself i thought i looked something out of planet of the apes!! I was like got dayuuuum! The doctor also said i did a lot better than expected and i am recovering well! At this point i still couldn't feel a damn thing! But hey i wasn't complaining! The only thing that bothered me was that i couldn't swallow and the frist time the used the suction tube the only thing that came out was blood and phlegm! Gross forreal! I haven't been able to sleep for more than 2 hours straight but i don't feel too tired! All i gotta do is press this little button and i get some drugs into my system and im able to sleep again! I didn't get moved into a private room until midnight! Then at around 3 am they took me to get a CT scan! My mom also told me that the doctor took a lot of pictures and video of the operation! Hopefully i'll be able to get my hands on some of that! 


   I'm not able to talk very clearly but i can talk! I've learned the very awesome talent of smiling with my eyes! Hahahaha Guys i can't even describe how hot it feels in this hospital bed! I can't stop sweating! My mom says she can already see that i am going to look different but i can't really see it! Also i haven't eaten since Monday night, i haven't drank anything either! Im also getting hiccups which isn't too pleasant after having your jaw broken hahahah I felt something in my mouth earlier guys and the sad part was that it turned out to be a full set of upper teeth! I didn't even know what having a full upper set of teeth felt like! Im feeling great though guys!


   The swelling was supposed to reach its peak today but i actually think it has gone down! I can open my mouth and talk a little more clearly but only to a certain extent because there are rubber bands holding my jaws together! Im either going to go home today or for sure tomorrow guys, but i wouldn't mind staying another night to be on the safe side! Hopefully i get to drink water and eat today hahaha I had dreams of food! Can you believe that! Well thanks guys for all your support and get well wishes i couldnt have done it without you guys! 


   Ill try to post later on again guys! Thanks for reading! See you soon!! This is Juan "The Handsome" Blancarte signing out temporarily!

No comments:

Post a Comment