Monday, August 6, 2012

Recovery Day 6 / The Miracle Of The Straw

   Hey guys well not much to update today pretty usual stuff but there has been some progress! The swelling is coming down and i am proud to say that i look somewhat human again. I have also received the amazing gift of being able to use a straw, it has totally made this whole recovery a whole lot more endurable. On a scale of 1 to 10 the pain at its worst has been a 2, seriously i haven't even taken pain medication since Thursday and that was to help me sleep. I'd say thats pretty good after having my face rearranged! Sleeping has become a lot easier also, the problem with not always getting enough sleep though is that when i yawn it hurts and i have to try to hold it back but even then its not so much pain as it is annoying. I've also been doing little jaw exercises, nothing much just closing and opening my mouth. I should be seeing my doctor in a little under 2 weeks and i honestly can't wait. For one i will most likely not be swollen anymore and second reason is that hopefully i can get this splint removed. The only reason i can't even eat noodles or pancakes is because the splint in my upper tooth will not allow me to chew! What i would do right now for just a cup of ramen noodles. Anyways now that i am on the subject of my liquid diet, last Tuesday i weighed in at around 216 pounds and this morning i stepped on the scale and the number 197 came up. That is a 19 pound weight loss and a total of 8.8% off of my weight!! Thats freaking crazy, once again i am not complaining haha


   Well guys as always thanks for reading, and good luck to anyone who is about to undergo this procedure. It is not as bad as you think, just a lot of patience! Stay smiling my friends, signing out for now, Juan "The Handsome" Blancarte.

No comments:

Post a Comment