Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Recovery Day 22

   Hey guys so today i went to my doctor for the final time before i leave to San Antonio! I finally got my splint removed so my speech has improved quite a bit and i can chew now! Today i actually ate eggs for breakfast! OMG it was like a choir of angels was present as i put that spoon of deliciousness in my mouth! It was so good! For dinner i had baked fish and mashed potatoes! I could die happy now! The removal of the wire was a bit rough since there were quite a bit of wires in place to hold it! The most wonderful surprise was awaiting me when it was removed, the sight of a full set of teeth! :') The doctor said that all my teeth should be straightened out and ready to go by November which is very exciting! There is some soreness and its not too bad, most of the stitches have dissolved by now! I won't be back to see my doctor for another month so i can't wait to see the progress at that point!


   For anyone who has known me for a good amount of time, i don't know if you guys ever noticed but i had a lot of gaps in between my teeth and as mentioned before my top jaw was not aligned with my bottom jaw! Look at me now! They're not perfect by any means but this is my smile and with this smile i plan to brighten up a lot of days and to show it off when i can! How do i go from a very crooked unfinished set of teeth to this!? I'm just very grateful to have this happen to me! Put it in gods hands and he will come through! Today my mom cried the first time she saw my teeth and couldn't stop thanking the doctor! I want to thank you too Dr. Filler, for all of this and for making this happen! I know you said and it was your honor and your privilege to do this for me but i want to thank you, words will never be able to let you know how grateful i am!


   Well guys as always stay smiling and good luck to anyone who is about to go through this procedure! This is Juan "The Handsome" Blancarte signing out for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment