Sunday, August 26, 2012

Recovery Day 26

   Hey guys sorry for not posting in a while, its been a crazy past few days! But after all the chaos i am relieved and proud to say i am a resident of San Antonio, Texas and a student at UTSA! Lately I have been so preoccupied with all the college fun that i haven't even noticed how much my face has progressed!


   I have been able to talk a lot better but it is still a little rough! I would say the swelling is present but not too noticeable. But it is gradually going down! The numbness is still present, the inside of mouth is pretty much nonexistent to me! My nose is finally starting to work a little better but i am afraid of sneezing. The pain isn't even a thought or an issue anymore, my jaw is still pretty weak though. I have been trying to stretch out my mouth when i have a chance. I am still at least 2 months away from even looking close to the final product!


   As far as my appetite its been here and there! The awesome thing though is that i have been able to eat a lot more different foods than the first few days without the splint! My jaw does get sore while i am eating and my appetite does tend to disappear. There have been just a few times where i have felt light headed and have had to sit down! I went to Ihop with my parents and i was able to eat everything pictured above! I have also eating fish and chips and ravioli! It has been awesome! Today i even tried a pizza slice, sure it took me 20 minutes but i was able to put it down!


   The whole experience in San Antonio has been pretty awesome. I have been blessed with amazing parents and friends who have made everything very fun. I do miss my family but i know that this is the best thing for me heading into the future! I am living in a three story town-home with two of my friends and a very nice roommate from Saudi Arabia! I also have a bunch of other friends just a very short walk away, not to mention a very pretty girl i have developed a crush on!


   I would have to say this past weekend has been the best one since before the surgery! I am very excited for this semester and to see what it has in store for me! All i can do is take it day by day like i have been! As always thanks for reading my friends and to anyone who is about to undergo this procedure all i can say is DO IT. It is worth it i am only 27 days post op and i can say it is one of the best decisions i have ever made! Stay smiling my friends, this is Juan "The Handsome" Blancarte signing out for now! 



No comments:

Post a Comment